After almost 2 years in the beta barrel, we’re proud to release CmdStanPy 1.0. Many thanks to all of our contributors, as well as to all users who’ve submitted feature requests and bug reports!
CmdStanPy provides access to the Stan compiler, inference algorithms, and diagnostics. It supports both development and production workflows and is well-suited for teaching and learning Stan.
Why use CmdStanPy for your next project?
- Use new features: CmdStanPy runs with the latest CmdStan (or any version of CmdStan, including develop)
- Ease of installation: CmdStanPy can automatically install CmdStan and the underlying C++ toolchain.
- Scalable: can fit big models and big datasets – if CmdStan can fit a model and dataset, so can CmdStanPy.
- Cross-platform: runs on Linux, macOS, and Windows.
- Non-restrictive BSD-3 license