Are you using Stan for your everyday work, study or fun? Have you wondered how you could help or give back to the open source project? Here is one opportunity if you can spare an hour or two.
You are most likely aware of the Stan’s User Guide, Reference Manual and Functions Reference and how great and helpful it is.
We do however, need help improving it further by fixing typos, adding missing function documentation and other miscellaneous tasks for the next Stan release coming in late January. If you are interested in helping out please post on the overview issue here: stan-dev/docs#298
Examples of issues that need to be addressed:
- add docs for new overloads of size() and log_mix()
- add documentation for lambert_w0, lambert_w1 and container construction utilities
- expand docs on elementwise operations
- fix capitalization in titles
- explain the use of transpose operator in a example model
- fix a typo in the dirichlet distribution
- fix typos in the MRP chapter
If you need any sort of help on how and where to start, do not hesitate to ask here or on the issue.
Originally posted by @rokcesnovar on Discourse.